As soon as you see that positive pregnancy test, you know your body is going to start to change. It’s hard to predict exactly how much your body is going to change and that makes it hard to purchase items like nursing bras. We’re here to help make that purchasing decision a little easier with some simple tips.
- Your current bras will start to feel uncomfortable around 12 weeks. At this point measure yourself. Do not assume your current bra size is the same as the nursing bra size you’ll need. If you're pregnant and your rib cage is still growing, size up. If you are postpartum, it’s also important to measure yourself before purchasing a bra.
- Breastfeeding can cause your bust to fluctuate, so keep this in mind and select a bra that has a variety of size options built in - i.e. a band extender, adjustable straps, and removable pads.
- Read the size chart carefully and think about where you are in your pregnancy or postpartum recovery.
- Most nursing bras are made a little large since we tend to be a little larger than we were pre-pregnancy - the cups and the band are usually generously sized.
- Comfort is ideal, so make sure the bra you choose is made of soft fabric that stretches but does not stretch out. The fabric should also be breathable.
- Look for well-fitted bras that will hold a nursing pad tightly in place to catch any leaks when breastfeeding.
The bamboobies Yoga Nursing Bra is designed to keep new moms comfortable, fashionable, and feeling great throughout the day. You can rock your yoga class or just feel good walking around the park! This bra is so comfortable, we hear a lot of moms-to-be and new moms sleep in it for light support throughout the night.
It’s made with super-soft rayon made from bamboo fabric. It’s breathable, so it’s perfect for a busy mom. It features nursing clasps and drop-down cups for easy access breastfeeding. The seamless design stretches to fit mom’s changing body, while still offering light support. It also boasts an adjustable and stylish keyhole back with hook-and-eye closure. The bra comes with a free bra extender to customize the band width for optimal fit and make it wearable for bump, breastfeeding, and beyond.
Click here to shop Yoga Nursing Bras!